We do provide standard dashboards or we could co-design game dashboards with our clients.
For each new dashboard we start by establishing the game objectives with a very clear expected outcome. In so doing, we would then be able to define who the target audience will be and what they want to get out of the dashboard. The stakeholders include the following five roles:
1. The Client: We need to have a deep insight in how the game as a tool could help in reaching the objectives of the client organisation. It is important to be able to present how the game is able to identify player retention and understanding of a specific topic. A well-conceived dashboard will then be able to translate the game results to support the effective of learning and retention.
2. The Subject Matter (domain) Experts: We need to work closely with the subject matter experts to understand the game narrative in relation to the game scores. Through the game results and the expected outcome on the players, we would have a better insight into the game data so that we could visualise the crucial data points in order to be able to validate the learning process of each player (learner).
3. The Trainers: Besides the domain experts, we would also work with the trainers to better understand which set of results will aid them in better profiling their learners in terms of the individual weaknesses and strength. Such insights into the performance of individual learners will better enable the trainer to provide personalized guidance.
4. The Players (Learners): At the game development stages, we also get involved with the playtest pool of players (learners) to gain extensive insights into their own behaviour and learnings in the game so that we could also provide the necessary feedback to them on the dashboard.
5. The Game Development Team: We would also need to work closely with the game development team to understand how they track the assessment points in the game. These assessment points reflects how players interact with the game.
Game analytics provides the foundation for clear decision making. With the evidence, organisations could decide on specific interventions that allows them to increase productivity and save on resources. We expect a well-conceived dashboards to be a value add to most of our clients. We strive to continually improve on our analytic tools and our dashboards to expand its base functionality to make them just as fun and effective to use as our games.